Counselling Children and Young People
(In line with BACP guidelines we are offering this training in 2 stages)
Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People
This first stage of the training curriculum gives counsellors the competencies required to begin working with young people in a placement setting. The Introduction to Counselling Children and Young People course is for:
- Trainee counsellors on a Diploma in Counselling training course who wish to undertake some of their practice hours in a placement working with young people.
- Counsellors already qualified to work with adults who want to extend their scope of practice to counselling children and young people and work towards a formal Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People Level 6.
- BACP student or BACP Registered Member (or equivalent member of another professional body)
- Enhanced DBS check
- Two character references stating suitability to work with children and young people. Referrees must not be a spouse, partner or relative
- Previous experience of working with young people desirable (not necessarily in a counselling context)
Friday July 27th, 6.00-9.00pm
Saturday July 28th, 9.30-4.00pm
Sunday July 29th, 9.30am-4.00pm
Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People Level 6
ABC Awards have endorsed our Level 6 Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People under their Quality Licensing Scheme (QLS). This means that Bedonwell Counselling Associates has undergone an external quality check to ensure that our courses meet certain quality criteria stipulated by ABC Awards. ABC Awards is a leading Awarding organisation, regulated by Ofqual. It has a long held reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a range of industries. The learning outcomes of this course have been benchmarked at Level 6 against Ofqual level descriptors. This indicates the level of difficulty and depth of study involved in successful course completion.
We are pleased to offer this 1 year conversion course in conjunction with Place2Be who are also able to offer placement opportunities.
Before starting the course we will arrange a course induction via telephone. Please contact us to arrange this. The induction will provide you with an opportunity to speak to the tutors and to gain an understanding about the course and what will be expected of you.
- Post-qualified counsellors who have successfully completed the Introduction to Counselling Children and Young People (Stage 1) or who can evidence via a formalised APL procedure, that they have acquired the requisite knowledge and understanding through previous CPD and/or prior experience of counselling young people that is equivalent to the Introduction to Counselling Young People.
- Post qualified counsellors working in placement where they are currently working with children and young people.
- BACP Student or BACP registered Member (or equivalent member of another professional body).
- Enhanced DBS check no less than two years old.
- Two character references stating suitability to work with children and young people. Referees must have known the applicant for a minimum of two years in a personal or professional capacity. Referees must not be a spouse, partner or relative.
Selection Criteria: All applicants will be required to pass a telephone interview.
Applicants will need to display:
- A positive attitude towards creativity
- A high degree of emotional literacy
- Emotional stability
- An accepting, compassionate attitude towards others
£1,950.00 including ABC awards Registration Fees
Payment Option 1:
Initial payment: £250.00 prior to the start date of the course
Ten further monthly payments of £170.00. To be completed by the course end date.
Payment Option 2:
This is our 'bespoke' option. You get to calculate how much to pay as the initial payment and subsequent monthly payments. Final payment must be made in the month prior to the end of the programme.
Payment Option 3:
Full payment of £1,950.00 prior to the start date of the course. This is the option to select if your employer/sponsor is paying your fees or you prefer to pay in full
Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th September - 9.30am-4pm - Place2be training
Sunday September 30th - 9.30am-4pm
Sunday October 14th, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday October 28th, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday November 4th, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday November 18th, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday December 2nd, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday December 16th, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday January 6th, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday January 20th, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday February 3rd, 9.30am-4pm
Sunday February 24th, 9.30am-4pm
Key Aims of the course programme
- Learners practice the application of counselling skills with children and young people within an ethical framework
- To enable learners to work ethically and safely with children and young people
- To explore particular problems faced by children and young people
- Investigate techniques and interventions particularly suitable when working with children and young people
- To enable learners to conduct pre counselling assessments with children and young people
- Students are required to have a minimum 80% attendance at the taught elements
- 50 supervised hours of counselling children and/or young people
- Successful completion of a 4,000-word essay including a case study
- A 1 hour presentation on an aspect of counselling children and young people with an accompanying paper giving a clear picture of the presentation content
- A 2,000 word essay processing the research, formulation, performance and feedback of the presentation