Counselling Children and Young People
(In line with BACP guidelines we are offering this training in 2 stages)
Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People Level 5
This first stage of the training curriculum gives counsellors the competencies required to begin working with young people in a placement setting. The Introduction to Counselling Children and Young People course is for:
- Trainee counsellors on a Diploma in Counselling training course who have had at least 3 years experience of working with young people in some professional capacity and wish to undertake some of their practice hours in a placement working with young people.
- Counsellors already qualified to work with adults who want to extend their scope of practice to counselling children and young people and work towards a formal Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People Level 6.
- BACP student or BACP Registered Member (or equivalent member of another professional body)
- Enhanced DBS check
- Two character references stating suitability to work with children and young people. Referees must not be a spouse, partner or relative
Course Dates 2019
Friday July 19th . 9.30am-4.00pm
Saturday July 20th . 9.30am-4.00pm
Sunday July 21st 9.30am-4.00pm
To achieve a Certificate of Attendance students are required to:
- Have a minimum 80% attendance at the taught elements
- Completed a videoed skills session with 1,000 word write up
To achieve a full Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People students are required to complete the requirements above plus:
- Complete a 3000 word essay
The 3000 word essay is an entry requirement to go on to the Level 6 Diploma in Counselling. This can be submitted at a later date subject to a late marking fee of £40.00.